Thursday, March 17, 2005

SAM'S IDEA OFFERS HOPE

17 March 2005

I Was encouraged to read of Swansea DJ Plastic Sam's plans for the Slip Bridge (Post, March 10). They would enhance the seafront and it would be an excellent idea to link it to the land train route. I note the article states that public consultation failed to find a clear consensus on what to do with the Slip Bridge.

However, in the interests of openness and accountability, I would urge the council to publish the results of the consultation, and confirm they have been verified independently.

No election or referendum would end up being called inconclusive, even if it is close, just ask Al Gore. On that point, I do not recall one of the options being to relocate the bridge on the bay, it is like a candidate being elected who was not actually on the ballot paper.

Anyway, I would like to say well done, Plastic Sam, and all the best with your proposals.

Richard Teulon
Spring Terrace
Sandfields
Swansea