Friday, July 22, 2005

SLIP BRIDGE HOOLIGANISM

22 July 2005

Returning home after a few weeks away, I was saddened to see what may well be the worst case of mindless vandalism in the history of mindless vandalism. Before I left, the old Slip Bridge was simply an eyesore in the Recreation Ground, doing no more harm than taking up space.

Imagine my horror, then, on seeing that some louts had somehow managed to get the thing across the road and dump it on the promenade.Of course, it's always the aim of vandals to cause ugliness and inconvenience to the rest of us, but these yobs have surely gone beyond the pale.

I hope the police are working on this case with the urgency it deserves and are close to an arrest.

I'm sure all law-abiding people will join me in demanding the harshest possible punishment for these hooligans, as well as making them responsible for the cost of putting right the damage and nuisance they have caused.

John Jones
Goetre Fach Road
Swansea